The resource fee covers the additional resources that are required to complete the programme without you facing further costs on arrival at SIT. It also includes arrival services to help you settle in easily.
This resource fee covers numerous items including:
- Two weeks accommodation
- Health and travel insurance for the duration of your programme
- Airport pickup and transportation to accommodation
- SIT jacket
- SIT bag
- First aid kit
- Phone card with credit to call home on arrival
- Textbooks (see below)
- Comprehensive orientation workshop
- Employment workshop to help you find work
- Discounted Saturday bus trips around the region, including to Queenstown and Dunedin
- Printing credit for your SIT student computing account
- Assistance with student and work visa renewals
- Access to on-site student services such as health nurse, counsellors, learning assistance, employment support and activities.
To help reduce your costs further, we purchase your textbooks for your programme so you don’t have to. You can loan these books out from the library for the duration of the semester. You just return them at the end of the semester – so no pesky books to try and sell at the end of your studies!
Depending on your programme, you may also be given additional resources or equipment to help complete your course. For example, for the New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality (Cookery), the resource fee will cover your uniform and set of chef knives.