FULL TIME PERMANENT
An exciting opportunity has arisen at SIT (Southern Institute of Technology Limited) for an Instructional Designer who will develop engaging and innovative learning solutions to make a genuine difference in our students' learning experience. This role will also work with academic staff to deliver transformative learning, designed and developed using evidence-based best practices.
In this role you will help ensure SIT delivers quality, learner-centric digital materials across a wide range of programmes which are delivered in-person, online/distance or blended modes.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- a passion for leveraging technology to enhance student experience and outcomes
- experience with Learning Management Systems and/or development of interactive digital educational material
- able to identify and implement best practice in online and blended learning contexts.
- understanding of UX (User Experience) principles
- technical skills in web front end development such as HTML and CSS, and some experience with VR/XR development
- ability to articulate the learning design process and work collaboratively with academic staff to create exceptional digital learning materials
The successful applicant will have a qualification or equivalent experience in instructional design (or related fields such as training or education), ideally also the NZ Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education, and proven experience in course design and development with an understanding of the importance of Te Ao Māori and utilisation of Māori pedagogies when designing for learning.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Work with subject matter experts in the creation of engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practices, and methods
- Aid in increasing organisational competency with learning material development and make recommendations for improvements in online course design.
If you are innovative, enthusiastic, and committed to building engagement and driving learning design solutions, then we would like to hear from you.
SIT has campuses in Invercargill, Queenstown, Telford, Christchurch and Auckland, as well as a large and respected distance learning Faculty (SIT2LRN). Our main campus is located in Invercargill, the major centre of the Southland region, which has a strong sense of manaakitanga and a united, inclusive and increasingly diverse community. Living in Southland offers an unrivalled lifestyle including next to no commute times, affordable housing, great educational opportunities, extensive outdoor recreation access, and is on the doorstep of some of New Zealand’s most iconic locations such as Milford Sound, Queenstown, the Catlins, and Rakiura/Stewart Island.
For a job description and application form please contact Human Resources.
Applications close Monday 25 January 2021