Massage Therapy is a rewarding career, whether your focus is sports massage, relaxation massage or therapeutic/remedial massage.
SIT is a leading provider of quality NZQA accredited tertiary education in Massage Therapy at Bachelor and Diploma level, and students studying under the Zero Fees Scheme can save up to $16,000* in fees for their degree.
SIT's School of Massage Therapy first offered the Bachelor of Therapeutic and Sports Massage in 2002, the first massage degree in NZ and the Southern Hemisphere. The degree is supported by the only dedicated massage research institute in New Zealand, ensuring you receive the highest quality academic and clinical education available.
The New Zealand Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation Massage (Level 5) and the New Zealand Diploma in Remedial Massage (Level 6) staircase into the Bachelor of Therapeutic and Sports Massage degree (BTSM).
If you enjoy helping people and have an interest in health care and physical rehabilitation, then Massage Therapy could be for you!
Our courses offer:
- Credibility within the massage industry (survey showed 96% of BTSM graduate respondents felt that their massage degree education prepared them for working in the NZ industry and worldwide)
- Strong practical and sports components
- Small friendly classes. Our students are from a diverse range of cultures and are from all age groups
- Good employment and self employment options (survey showed 90% of BTSM graduate respondents worked in the industry with the majority employed within three months of graduation)
- Transferable skills, great career and travel prospects
* total over 3 years of study based on 2017 costs. For more information, please see the 'Fees' section of individual programmes.