2006: Diploma of Adult Education and Training, Southern Institute of Technology.
2004: PhD, University of Otago.
1997: MusB (Hons), University of Otago.
Bachelor of Contemporary Music
Bachelor of Audio Production
Master of Applied Management
Master of Applied Health Sciences
Invercargill Main Campus, D2-16
- Bodkin-Allen, S. [Composer] & Ruwhiu, D. [Text]. (2021). Ngā Mokopuna, for SSA Choir and taonga pūoro. https://sounz.org.nz/works/26386?locale=en
- Campbell, Q., Bodkin-Allen, S., & Swain, N. (2021). Group singing improves both physical and psychological wellbeing in people with and without chronic health conditions: A narrative review. Journal of Health Psychology, 13591053211012778.
- Bodkin-Allen, S. (Ed.). (2020). Making music at the bottom of the world in Southland, Aotearoa/New Zealand. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Bodkin-Allen, S. (2020). The sound of the “Invercargill March”: Young people and brass bands in Southland. In S. Bodkin-Allen (Ed.), Making music at the bottom of the world in Southland, Aotearoa/ New Zealand (pp. 139-157). Cambridge Scholars Publishing
- Bodkin-Allen, S., Swain, N. & West, S. (2019). It’s not that bad singing with other people: The effect of a single Outreach on singing attitudes and confidence in adults. Australian Journal of Music Education, 52(2), 95-105.
- 2020 Finalist, NZ Women of Influence Awards – Arts and Culture Arts Murihiku Board Member
- ANZARME (Australia New Zealand Association for Research in Music Education) Elected Board Member
- NZQA Subject Specialist (Music)
Founding member of Outreach Singing Aotearoa, a group which facilitates the development of Outreach Singing in the local community.