You may be eligible for a post-study work visa if you have completed a programme of study that results in:
- A qualification at level 7 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework that you have studied for at least 30 weeks in New Zealand; or
- One qualification at levels 4-6 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework that you have studied for at 60 weeks in New Zealand; or
- Two qualifications at levels 4-6 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework that you have studied for at 30 weeks each in New Zealand (a total of 60 weeks, where the second qualification is of a higher level than the first).
- The open post-study work visa will be granted for one, two, or three years, or for the remainder of the time left on your visa if you hold an existing employer-assisted visa.
- The duration depends on various things, including the level of the qualification you have gained and where you completed your qualification.
Please refer to Immigration New Zealand’s website for further information: