2017: Certificate in Adult Education, Southern Institute of Technology.
2009: PhD (Artificial Intelligence), University of Malaya, Malaysia.
Head of School, IT Postgraduate
Postgraduate and Masters of IT
Professional Memberships/ Certifications/ Committees
- IITP Member, Institute of IT Professionals New Zealand.
- IEEE Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- IT Professional, Dunedin Branch Committee Member since 2019, New Zealand.
- NZQA reviewer, Information Technology and Computing Qualifications
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0958-4861
- Baker, O., Liu, J., Gosai, M., Sitoula, S. (2021). Twitter Sentiment Analysis using Machine Learning Algorithms for COVID-19 Outbreak in New Zealand. In 2021 IEEE Conference on System Engineering & Technology (ICSET2021), pp. 286-291. IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICSET53708.2021.9612431
- Baker, O., Yuan, Q. (2021, November 17-19). Machine learning: Factorization Machines and Normalized Discounted Cumulative Gain for Tourism Recommender System Optimisation [Paper Presentation]. 2021 IEEE International Conference on Computing (ICOCO 2021), Putra Jaya, Malaysia.
- Baker, O., Yuan, Q., Liu, J. (2021, November 24-25). Collaborative Filtering Based-Recommender System Using Ant Colony Optimisation for Path Planning [Paper Presentation]. 2021 IEEE 5th International Conference on Information Technology, Information Systems and Electrical Engineering (ICITISEE), Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Nguyen, Q., Baker, O. (2019). Applying Spring Security Framework and OAuth2 To Protect Microservice Architecture API. Journal of Software Engineering, 14(6), 257-264.
- Baker, O., Thien, C. N. (2020). A New Approach to Use Big Data Tools to Substitute Unstructured Data Warehouse. In 2020 IEEE Conference on Big Data and Analytics (ICBDA), pp. 26-31. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICBDA50157.2020.9289757
- Silver Medal (EXPO Research, Invention and Innovation) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Application of AI in Medical Prognosis).
- NZQA reviewer, Information Technology and Computing Qualifications at Levels 2-6.
- Assistant Editor, Journal of Applied Computing and Information Technology (JACIT) Produced by CITRENZ, NZ.
- Editorial Board member for the International Journal for the Advancement of Science & Arts (IJASA), UCSI, Malaysia, ISSN 2180-4850.