Stacey is a Nurse Educator in the School of Nursing.
She has had a long passion for education and supporting new nurses into the various fields of nursing. Stacey relishes the use of real-world examples, simulation and hands on within the practical elements of class-based sessions. Stacey supports the variety of technology and innovation in lesson development, class delivery and has adaptability for this constantly changing field.
Stacey’s’ nursing background includes:
- Surgical/Medical Nursing
- Hospital in the Home & District Nursing
- Primary Health – Falls & Fracture Prevention
- Aged Residential Care
Stacey’s’ areas of interest within education and research include:
- Bone Health & Osteoporosis
- Falls Prevention & Strength/Balance Exercise
- Older Persons Health
- Wound Care
- Manual Handling & Risk Assessment
- Multimodal Delivery of Education
- Simulation & Realism approaches to clinical skills
- Peer Teaching and Development