This facility is an amazing place which was originally specifically built for students. It now caters for students and guests and has a variety of apartments available and some impressive additional features, such as a movie theatre and private studio rooms. Features:
- A very modern, warm and secure living environment.
- 93 beds short term and long term.
- 4-5 minutes walk from SIT’s campuses.
- Rooms furnished with: a double bed, TV, phone, high speed internet connection, desk, chair, wardrobe, storage/drawers.
- Large, modern shared kitchen (meals not provided).
- Movie theatre, lounges, games room, and basement den.
- Linen and Bedding
- Bathroom access or a private en suite.
2015 Prices: Prices are from $160 per week per room (for long term stays 16 weeks+ and include current GST rates. (subject to availability and change) Bond - $500 plus a $50 admin fee. Two weeks in advance.
Please note that we do not take students for less than 16 weeks now. Some block-course student accommodation is still available dependent on availability.
15 Tay Street, Invercargill, 9810.
Phone: 03 211 3800
Dan Davin Village
Have your own lock up room in a modern semi-furnished four bedroom apartment with two bathrooms. Great location, close to inner city and 3-5 minutes walk to SIT. Off-street parking. You do your own cooking and laundry.
Lock up room includes a single or double bed(depending on room allocation), side drawer, built in workstation and wardrobe. You will need to provide your own linen (sheets, towels, bedding).
The kitchen and living area has a couch and chairs, coffee table, TV, fridge/freezer, dining table and chairs. Small appliances and cutlery are not provided.
Washing machine and dryer are also included. Some units have heat pumps, first in first allocated basis if asked on these units. Power and internet is at your own cost.
Minimum 6 month sign in.
$ 90.00 Rent per week
$ 360.00 Bond (4 weeks)
$ 90.00 One week in advance
$ 115.000 Letting Fee
$ 600.00 approx total required up front.
Minimum 6 month sign in.
Contact: Jenni Dennis 021 322 603 email@example.com
Ray White Real Estate, 231 Dee Street, Invercargill.
A 2-10 minute walk from SIT campuses, Kelvin House offers:
- Free use of internet and telephone
- Fresh bread, milk and butter supplied (twice weekly)
- Linen (sheets and pillowcases) supplied (change over every two weeks).
- Electricity, wood and coal, all supplied.
- Cleaner will attend, twice weekly.
This is a perfectly located house,1.9 kms from main SIT Tay St campus and even closer (1.1km) to SIT Downtown Don St. Right opposite Queens Park Golf Course, tennis, croquet, cricket and hockey and is very central to town, close to the Museum and Art Gallery, Homestead Cobb & Co bar and restaurant, KFC, DaVinci's Pizzas and the list goes on.
3 x Queen Bedrooms, $189 pw for one person. An extra charge applies for a second person (negotiable).
8 x single rooms, $159 and 169 pw.
www.kelvinhouse.co.nz - check for booking availability
292 Kelvin Street, Invercargill.
Phone Graham on 027 433 8698.
Jilly - on site Hostess
31 Duke St, Invercargill
Phone - 2186060 or 027 3838206
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - http://www.lovettlodge.co.nz
Lovett Lodge welcomes short term stays to out of town students attending block courses and studying at SIT. Large guest lounge / conservatory area that has Sky TV; free internet access; linen, towels and room service provided, daily newspaper; tea and coffee making facilities. There are close-by bathroom facilities to all rooms; kitchen and laundry also available for shared use. Lovett Lodge is heated with coal radiators and is warm and cozy, and has friendly and welcoming full time managers on site. All cleaning of communal areas is maintained on regular basis. The BusSmart stop is outside gate or there is ample car parking space available.
2015 Block Course students: bed, breakfast and dinner - $85 per night - minimum 4 nights stay.
The SIT Apartments in Invercargill are made up of 12 older style motel units and 40 brand new units for international students (209 beds altogether). There are furnished single and double room options, and each apartment includes a kitchenette and bathroom.
The SIT Apartments are located on Spey and Yarrow Streets, only a short walk to SIT, supermarkets and the town centre.
New international students will receive a welcome pack which includes: one set of sheets, pillow cases, duvet, towels, face cloths and a food parcel for your first breakfast. This is yours to keep when you leave.
- 2 students sharing each room at a low cost of $110 per week per person
- Single rooms $195 per week
- Couple $220 per week
- Couple with child sharing room $235 per week
- Family unit $325 per week
- Each student will be required to pay a $300 deposit and 4 weeks rent in advance
- Communal laundry: washing machines are free to use, $2 coin for dryers
- Power is included in the rent
- Fibre hi-speed internet is available at your own expense