Student life in Invercargill is well established, and the city is a safe and welcoming environment for work, study and play. SIT is big enough to offer variety students and a true ‘student culture’, but has small class sizes that ensure plenty of hands-on experience and the opportunity to make great friends.
Our students are highly valued by the Southland community for the vibrance that they bring to the region, and there is ample opportunity for students to participate in sport, recreation, community and social events as well as to gain part and full time employment.
Living in Invercargill is highly affordable for students, the city is compact and easy to get around, and students have easy access to world class facilities that are the envy of much larger cities.
What you can expect if you choose to study in Invercargill:
- Affordable Accommodation close to campus
- Free Parking on and around campus.
- The opportunity to forge lifelong friendships
- Access to world-class sport and recreation facilities
- Clubs and societies to join for almost any interest
- Easily accessible health and family services
- Friendly and welcoming community
- Safe and supportive environment for students