Southern Institute of Technology- a business division of Te Pūkenga, is looking to fill the above vacancy within our facilities Department to support with security/Full lock down and general support duties. Hours will be up to 40 hours per week with the successful applicant required to have flexibility around the actual hours as the role will include providing cover for a variety of full-time staff who work different hours and positions.
The key responsibility in this role is to ensure the safety of students and staff on campuses. You will go between campuses and perform security checks to ensure protection of property and buildings from theft, vandalism and other risks. You will also assist with other support work including setting up of class rooms, removing rubbish, responding to emergencies and locking down buildings.
We are looking for people who:
• Have maturity in dealing with a variety of different situations
• Are reliable and confident
• Have good time management skills
• Have had previous security experience, however this is not essential
The successful applicant will have:
• Average Computer skills with ability to multitask
• Good Communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Physical ability to move around the campus and lift, and carry heavy things
You will be working, 5 days a week. Hours will be 3.30pm to 11.30pm (Monday to Friday)
A full job description for this role is available for download below under Documents to Download.
Any questions about this role, please contact:
Private Bag 90114
Phone 03 211 2606
with whom applications close on 07 December 2022.
Applications close December 07 2022