Southern Institute of Technology Limited is looking to appoint a suitable person for the above position to join our Automotive trades team at the Invercargill campus. The main aim of the position is to support the work of tutorial staff by ensuring automotive equipment is in optimum condition and class materials are available when required.
The ideal applicant will come from an Automotive trade background. Consideration will also be made to applicants who can demonstrate relevant industry skills and experience
To succeed in the role, the successful applicant will need to:
• Develop/build new equipment and teaching aids
• Maintain and repair automotive equipment
• Maintain workshop functionality
• Manage procurement and installation of new equipment
• Use SIT’s procurement management system
• Flexibility and the ability to multitask
• Manage stock levels and conducting stock takes
• Have willingness and ability to diversify and learn new skill sets
The successful applicant will be a Self-motivated, diligent team player who can organize their time effectively while using initiative when required.
Applicants for this position must have a vaccine pass.
For a job description and application form please contact:
Private Bag 90114
Phone 0 3 211 2606
with whom applications close Monday 24 January 2022