The Sir Robert Jones Refugee Daughters’ Scholarship assists young women from refugee
backgrounds to complete a university degree or tertiary qualification from an approved
tertiary institution. Tuition fees are paid for full-time study through to degree attainment,
subject to satisfactory progress being made each year towards completion of the degree.
University hostel accommodation will be paid for two years if the student is required to
attend a tertiary institution outside their hometown.
RASNZ facilitates and administers the application and selection process for Robert Jones
Holdings (RJH) and their University Scholarship partners from AUT, Waikato, Victoria and
Otago universities. Applications are first assessed according to the application criteria
established by Robert Jones Holdings and their University partners.
• female, aged 18 - 25 years who
• is a permanent resident or citizen of New Zealand
• arrived in New Zealand as a refugee
• is already enrolled in a degree course at a New Zealand university or tertiary
• is in financial and/or personal hardship
• has the potential and motivation to succeed at university
Students who meet the application criteria are invited to apply using the Application Form
link on the RASNZ Scholarship web page.
Applicants will be required to complete an Application Form and upload documents including:
• Proof of refugee-background status and permanent resident status e.g. NZ
• Academic transcript/records for 2019, 2020 and 2021
• A written academic reference (from university staff)
• A written character reference (from a respected person in the community)
• Proof of your eligibility for Student Allowance
• A personal letter of introduction applying for the scholarship