Established in 1998 from a generous bequest by Jane M. Klausman, a member of the Zonta Club of Syracuse, New York USA, and the 1990-1995 Zonta International Parliamentarian.
The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarships are awarded to women undertaking business studies who have demonstrated outstanding potential in the field.
● Women undertaking a business or business-related programme who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field and are living or studying in a Zonta region/district are eligible. Students studying via distance learning are also eligible to apply if enrolled at an accredited university/ college/ institution. Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are not eligible to apply for the scholarships. Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
● Be undertaking a business and/or business-related programme at an accredited university/college/institute.
● Enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate programme through to the final year of a Master’s programme at the time the application is submitted (applicants must still be attending university/ college/ institution to receive this award).
● Achieved an outstanding academic record during her academic studies, including business-related subjects.
● Demonstrated initiative, ambition and commitment to pursuing a career in business.
● Living or studying in a Zonta region/district.
Closing date: 23/06/2021 to Zonta Club of Invercargill.
Value of award: Club Level - NZ$250 and Internationally US$8,000 each.
Number of awards: One Club level of NZ$250 and six internationally of US$8,000
Tenure: One year
The application process must start with a Zonta club. All application materials must be received at a Zonta club by the deadline printed on the application. If you download the application form from the Zonta International website, you must contact a Zonta club for deadline information. Please locate the Zonta club nearest you using the Club Locator or email your name and contact information to Zonta International Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the application form for the list of documents that need to be submitted along with the application form.
Zonta Evaluation Committees.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
The Club Evaluation Committee will consider applications and select the club awardee. Applications selected by Zonta Clubs are sent to their respective Zonta Governors. A District Evaluation Committee selects one applicant per district to submit to Zonta International Headquarters. The Zonta International Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship Committee selects twelve international recipients from the district applications.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
• Recipients are not permitted to defer the Scholarship. Zonta International will consider a new application the following year, but no preferential consideration will be given to the second application.
• Recipients may accept additional grants and scholarships from other sources. For other conditions, please refer to the Application Form.
Check regulations here