Calling all creatives! We want to help your reach your full potential.
Our Create programme supports a range of activities and creates opportunities that will enable you to grow creatively.
What we fund
Recognition & Achievement
Recognising outstanding achievement and artistic excellence in an art form. The types of activities supported include artists or practitioners selected to attend, present or showcase in a premier artistic event or activity.
Creative Skill Development
Learning new/improving creative or technical skills in a practical, hands on environment. Supporting the development of art/creative practice. Types of activities supported include mentorships and internships with established or professional artists. Specialised programmes, courses, workshops or other activities.
Production, Presentation, Exhibition & Touring
Supporting professional development and raising the profile of local artists and practitioners. Raising the profile of and access to the arts in the community. Types of activities supported include public exhibition, or production, published book, produced play. A workshop open to the public, touring (performing in at least three communities).
How to Apply
Apply: Anytime - but you do need to apply before your activity has started
Who can apply?
You can apply to the Create Fund once in a 12-month period and applications are accepted
from people who are:
1. At least 15 years of age
2. An emerging artist or established artist or practitioner
3. Undertaking their artistic activities mainly in our area
4. New Zealand citizens or a permanent resident
5. Currently living in our area
6. Able to provide evidence and/or demonstrate a track record of involvement in their art form
7. In addition, your project must be time limited with a definite start and end date.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 500 185/(03) 218 2034