New Horizons for Women Trust: Hine Kahukura Awards
Second-chance Education Awards:
- Foundation Certificate/ Diploma Studies Awards ($1,000 / $1,400)
- Degree Study Awards ($3,000 to $4,000)
Second-Chance Education Awards are for women who are engaging in tertiary education for the first time, at EITHER a Foundation Certificate (NZQA level 3-4) or Diploma level (NZQA level 5-6), or Degree level (NZQA level 7). At least two awards are for women from Otago or Southland each year.
In all categories, the awards are a one off grant to help with study and/or living expenses.
The NHWT:HK Research Awards are for women who are conducting research that benefits women and/or girls in New Zealand. The awards are a one off grant to help with your research and/or living expenses. Value of the awards: 1-2 awards of $5,000.
- Margaret L Bailey Science Award
The award assists a successful mid-career woman (at post-doctoral level) with her scientific research expenses. Science in this context includes the physical and social sciences (including mathematics/statistics). Preference will be given to a woman who is working in a field that is non-traditional for women or where women are under-represented in the discipline or research area. The award may be used to purchase equipment, gathering of data, field work expenses, the services of a research assistant or data analyst. It may also be used to support the costs of publishing research findings, or expenses incurred in meeting or working with colleagues (including outside New Zealand), provided this is a necessary part of the scientific research. The award cannot be used to buy books, for conference attendance or to pay for university or other research institution overheads or administration charges. Value of the award: $5,000
Wāhine Ora: Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga New Horizons for Women Trust
This co-funded research award between Nga Pae o te Maramatanga (NPM) and New Horizons for Women Trust: Hine Kahukura (NHWT:HK) is for Wāhine Māori researchers. The award aims to support research that benefits Maori women, girls and/or whanau in Aotearoa New Zealand. This award is made annually and is a one off grant to assist this research and/or living expenses while conducting the research. Value of the award: One award of $10,000
Specific Purpose Awards:
Specific Purpose Awards are for women to study or develop an initiative with a specific purpose.
NHWT:HK offers a range of Specific Purpose Awards, including:
- AWIS STEM award - 1 -3 awards totalling $9,000
- Career Change Award - one award for $3,000
- Jeanette Scott Award - one award for $3,000 for a woman in Otago or Southland studying teaching or education
- Refugee Study Awards- two awards of $3,000
- Sonja Davies Peace Award - one award up to $4,000
- Teupoko’ina Utanga Morgan Memorial Innovation Award - up to $5000 for a project to advance Pacific early childhood education OR Teupoko’ina Utanga Morgan Memorial Second-chance Education Award for a Pasefika woman $3000 (offered on alternative years)
- Outward Bound Discovery Course Award sponsored by Outward Bound NZ and Alexandra Kilpatrick Bequest - one award of $2,680 value for a woman over 27years of age
- Outward Bound Classic Course Award sponsored by Outward Bound NZ and Alexandra Kilpatrick Bequest one award of $4,350 value for a woman under 27 years of age
Applications open 1 March for approximately 6 weeks annually
How to Apply
For more information and to apply: http://www.newhorizonsforwomen.org.nz/