The Nursing Education and Research Foundation (NERF) and NZNO offer NZNO members a range of scholarships and grants. NERF's mission is to promote excellence in nursing and health care by providing funding opportunities for education and research.
Scholarships and grants are only available to current NZNO members.
Undergraduate Scholarship applies to the Bachelor of Nursing and Enrolled Nurse Courses. Applicants must have successfully completed year two of their programme if a bachelor of nursing/midwifery student or the first year of an enrolled nurse programme.
How to Apply:
To be eligible for any of these scholarships or grants applicants must be current financial members of NZNO by the closing date.
- All applications must be on the correct and most up-to-date form with all required information included, and be legible.
- Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by 4.00pm on the closing date.
Criteria & Comments:
Course approved by Nursing Council of New Zealand (NCNZ)/Midwifery
Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- Official proof of enrolment required;
- Applicants must demonstrate:
- Academic achievement;
- Contribution to nursing (for example support offered to fellow students, going the extra mile for patients);
- Contribution to the community (for example involvement in activities outside of nursing – may include family commitments, volunteerism, cultural commitments);
- Inclusion of up to two referees who will write a letter of support for the applicant and be available for contact via phone.
Contact details :
Scholarships & Grants, NZ Nurses Organisation,
57 Willis Street,
PO Box 2128,
Phone: 0800 28 38 48