Our sports scholarships celebrate achievement, recognise talent and encourage future
participation through positive role models.
Total fund: $60,000 per annum
Apply: Anytime - but you do need to apply before your event has started
We also support the sport and recreation sector through our various granting programmes.
Our funding is intended to be a contribution in recognition of the costs involved in competing at New Zealand level.
Applications are accepted from people who are:
1. Selected or recognised nationally in a squad or team at NZ Representative level
2. At least 15 years of age
3. An amateur athlete or official (e.g. coach, manager, referee, timekeeper, judge or umpire)
4. Affiliated to and endorsed by a Regional Sporting Organisation (RSO) in the our area
5. New Zealand citizens or a permanent residents
6. Currently living in our area - Southland, Queenstown, Glenorchy, Arrowtown, Tapanui and Heriot areas and have done so for three years or more. Consideration may be given to athletes who have left our area for study/ sporting endeavours - but whose immediate family still lives in our area
1. You can only receive one sports scholarship per sporting code in a 12 month period (with the exception of the Commonwealth Games and Olympic/Paralympics).
2. You can receive a lifetime maximum of five sport scholarships (excluding Commonwealth Games and Olympic/Paralympics).
3. Athletes and officials will only be eligible for Commonwealth Games/Olympics/Paralympics funding if they have lived in our area for three years or more.
4. The event/activity must be started within six months of funding being awarded.
email@example.com or call 0800 500 185/(03) 218 2034