2020: PhD Architecture, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
2016: Masters in Architectural Studies, Glasgow School of Art, University of Glasgow, UK
2012: Masters in Architecture (post-professional), Barcelona Institute of Architecture, UPC, Spain.
2011: Bachelor of Architecture (professional), Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Bangladesh.
Teaching Staff, Architecture & Built Environment
Bachelor in Architectural Technology
Graduate Diploma in Architectural Technology.
Invercargill Main Campus, Energy Centre C-16
Professional Memberships/ Certifications/ Committees
- New Zealand Institute of Architects (NZIA) Academic Member (34225)
- Institute of Architects of Bangladesh (IAB) Associated Member (CC063)
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) Int Associate Member – (39276801)
- Architectural Designers New Zealand (ADNZ) Academic Member (20024)
- Chowdhury S. and Schnabel M. A. (2019): Laypeople's Collaborative Immersive Virtual Reality Design Discourse in Neighbourhood Design, Teaching and Learning Design and Art in AR-VR Platforms, Frontiers in Robotics and AI – Virtual Environments, 6, 97. https://doi.org/10.3389/frobt.2019.00097
- Chowdhury S. and Schnabel M. A. (2020) Virtual environments as medium for laypeople to communicate and collaborate in urban design, Architectural Science Review, 63(5). https://doi.org/10.1080/00038628.2020.1806031
- Chowdhury S. and Schnabel M. A. (2018). Virtual Instruments for Urban Design Decision Making Process. Adv Civil Eng Tech, 2(2). https://doi.org/10.31031/ACET.2018.02.000534
- Chowdhury S. and Schnabel M. A. (2018): An Algorithmic Methodology to Predict Urban Form. In T. Fukuda, W. Huang, P. Janssen, K. Crolla, S. Alhadidi (Eds.), Learning, Adapting and Prototyping - the 23rd CAADRIA Conference - Volume 2, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 17- 19 May 2018, pp. 401-410.
- Chowdhury S. and Schnabel M. A. (2020): VR Unmatched-Leveraging Non-experts as Co-Urban Designers, Re: Anthropocene, the 25th International Conference of the Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia (CAADRIA) 2020, Paper 56, Hong Kong, 10 pages.
- 2017: National Science Challenge 11- Building, Better, Homes and Cities- Urban Well Being, Aligned Researcher Grant.
- 2017: Architectural Science Association (ANZAScA) Travel Grant.
- Architectural Science Association Conference (ANZAsCA) elected officer 2020-22
- Reviewer for Czech Republic Fulbright Commission, Academic Year 2021/2022
- 2021: Reviewer for Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) Book Series (Springer) "Resilient and Responsible Architecture and Urbanism”.
- 2018: Juror for Design Communication Association (DCA) Biennial, Martha Van Rensselaer Gallery at Cornell University, USA, 2018.
- 2011: 11th Cycle World Architecture Community Award, https://worldarchitecture.org/architecture-projects/mpzv/the-mosque-project-pages.html