Tauira Tautoko provides a culturally safe social space for Maori students to spend time with friends, safe in the knowledge that ideas, experiences and conversation can flow freely. Our staff are available to provide you with information to help keep you in touch with cultural groups, events and activities that you may be interested in. We have facilities for students to keep in touch with family and whanau.
Hours 9am-4pm Monday to Friday.
What’s on - FREE student workshops & activities
Lunchtime Activities at Tauira Tautoko - Student Support Centre – C Block – 12.15-1pm
- Tuesdays: Free Waka Toi Mahi – Traditional and Contemporary Maori Art Workshops with kaimahi Gina Nathan. See schedule below.
- Wednesdays: Waiata Wenerei with kaimahi Marcia Te Au -Thomson. Words are provided and everyone is welcome!!
Available by appointment:
Smoking Cessation – Support and tools to help you kick it for good. Email Marcia and Gina for an appointment, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Rebecca from the IRD is available for help with budgeting, tax and other related info.
Waka Toi Schedule - Semester Two
Tuesdays from 12.15-12.55pm
- July 17 Harakeke Roopu
- July 24 Purerehua
- August 7 Harakeke Roopu
- August 14 Kowhaiwhai Panels
- August 28 Harakeke roopu
- September 4 Raumati Canvas Art
- September 18 Harakeke Roopu
- October 16 Harakeke Roopu
- October 23 Titi DVD
- October 30 Harakeke DVD
Mental Health Awareness Week 15-19 October 2012
Contact Tauira Tautoko Maori Support Services on
Phone (03) 211 2699 ext 8776.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Click on link to view map of Tauira Tautoko