SIT recognises the importance of sports activities for student health and wellbeing, encouraging social interaction as well creating a vibrant campus environment.
We have a Student Activities Officer to assist with the following:
- Promoting an active lifestyle within the student culture
- Establishing sporting teams within SIT
- Introducing out-of-town students into relevant clubs and organisations
- Organising on-campus sports activities to allow students to try a variety of different sporting codes
- Coordinating annual Uni Games teams
We welcome suggestions from anyone with an idea for an activity or team, and are happy to promote local clubs and events on campus.
We would also love to hear from anyone who is keen to participate or volunteer to coordinate or coach a student team during the year.
Located in: SIT Student Centre, B Block, 133 Tay St, Invercargill
Phone: (03) 211 2699 ext 8670